Are you always on the run? Are you one who does not like to spend hours doing your hair? But you still need to look professional or in sync with fashion? If yes, we have the perfect solution for you. Look sleek, look fashionable, with the least amount of hassle. Wearing a ponytail is one of the classic hairstyles that never go out of fashion. There have been modifications, high and low variants, but it is one style that has stood the test of time. You can spice up your classic hairdo with this how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step guide.
List of Contents
Why Weave My Ponytail?
Hair volume is about good general health and good hair care. But many of you seem to have skimpy thin hair growth, and you have no option but to wear it short. But not anymore! With this how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step tutorial, you can look hip and happening with a simple hairdo.
Weaving is all about adding volume to your ponytail with artificial hair extensions, wefts, or tracks. So, get ready for your own personal Ariana Grande signature updo with the how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step guide.
What Do You Need?
For all those of you who do not have the Rapunzel-like dreamy hair, get ready with the following items:
- – Your how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step guide!
- – Hair weave that you like, which may or may not match your hair color precisely, depends on how you want the final look. But you might want to match it to your hair texture so it looks naturally colored. The number of weaves will depend on the volume you need.
- – Your hairbrush and comb
- – Hair moisturizer of your choice
- – Non-alcohol hair gel
- – Hair spray
- – Hairbands/scrunchies
- – Sticky bobby pins/fabric glue
How To Do A Quick Weave Ponytail Step By Step
1. Begin with clean hair, remove the tangles, and moisturize your hair. Removing the tangles and moisturizing your hair protects your hair and avoids damage when you comb. Lay down your hair in a uniform and neat manner.
2. Decide where you want to wear your ponytail and divide your hair if needed, make a clean parting with a comb.
3. Use styling gel and lay down your ponytail in the position you want it. Hold it in place with the help of hairbands or scrunchies.
4. Your hair should look sleek and tidy at the end of tying your ponytail with your natural hair. If your hair is thin, fold your hair into a bun, or if your hair is thicker, wear a straight braid. You will need this to hold the weave around it. You can also consider using a cap around your bun.
5. Lay down the weave on the table and fold it in half.
6. Use the sticky pins and fix the weave to the base of your hair, either the bun or the braid.
7. Wrap the weave around your bun or braid until your hair is covered up completely. You need to begin at the upper end of the bun and lower end of the braid and work your way up. If you are using a cap, wind the weave around the cap.
8. Use sticky pins generously while keeping your weave in place. Secure firmly when you reach the end of the weave.
9. Do not put too much tension at the base of your hair. Else, you will not be able to wear it for long. Keep enough tension to hold the hair but not so much that it feels heavy and hurts you.
10. Usually, one weave is enough unless you want extra volume, in which case use another weave.
11. See the final finishing of your hairdo. Release a lock of hair to fall on your face or hide the wefts of the weave.
12. Dry your hair well; use a low heat dryer if you are in a rush.
13. Using a hair spray allows you to wear the look for a more extended period. Commonly, this is optional; if you decide to use it, go in for a soft hair spray to avoid the brittle, crunchy look.
14. Some recommend using fabric glue to keep stick the weave with your hair, but the method we have on how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step is safer on your hair.
15. There are also sew-in weaves, which you can opt for as they stay in place for a longer time.
How Do I Make My Weave Ponytail Stay Nice All Day?
Ever thought about how those headbangers in a party manage to keep their long mane in place all the while? We can help you with that! Firstly, follow the how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step guide mentioned above correctly.
You should go in for natural hair weaves as they blend well with your hair texture and contour and do not disengage as the day goes by.
Treat your hair weave as you treat your hair! Wash and condition your hair weave with the same products that you use on your hair. Usually, this prevents damage to your weave, nourishes it, and prevents it from getting tangled up. You increase the life of your hair weave in this manner just like you enhance your hair!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does glue damage hair?
The glue used to attach the weave can go onto your hair, make them stick and clump together. Generally, this could cause breakage and hair loss. So, be careful how you use the glue. Also, the glue damages your weave by clumping and caking the strands. So, use the glue judiciously.
How long does a quick weave last?
Quick weave treated gently can last up to one month. Care includes covering your hair with a silk scarf at night. Don’t use oil products as that loosens the glue.
Style It Up!
From Beyonce to Ariana, these young style icons change the way to look at the classic hairdo of the ponytail. Your ponytail need not be a boring no-option choice anymore. Experimenting with hair weaves with the how to do a quick weave ponytail step by step guide and flaunting your super styled, super volume bouncy ponytail can give you the confidence and attitude to carry you through the day!