The advent of wigs has helped women save a lot of beauty time. But wigs are a bit “fastidious” accessories, needing a special hair care regimen. If you do not preserve and take care of it, the wig will quickly deteriorate and lose its form. Here, I will guide you in 5 simple and effective wig care steps.
List of Contents
Step 1- Wig care: Clean the wig properly
This is an indispensable rule when using wigs. Wigs are in direct contact with the scalp, causing more sweat to be produced. If you do not clean the wig regularly, bacteria will arise that will cause itching or fungus. After using the wig 2-3 times, the hair must be cleaned. But note that, wigs are not like real hair, so there are other ways of cleaning, specifically as follows:
– Put a little shampoo in a basin of diluted water.
– Put the wig in the basin to soak for about 5 to 10 minutes (just soak, do not rub your hair with your hands, because rubbing will mess up your hair).
– Rinse with water after soaking your hair with shampoo.
– Then put a little conditioner in the basin of diluted water. And rinse off with water. You should use conditioner specifically for wigs with high hair conditioner to help restore hair.
– After soaking with shampoo and conditioner, put your hair on a soft towel and gently absorb the water (do not use your hands to rub your hair).
– When the hair is about 70% – 80% dry, comb the hair with a wide comb and spray the hair with conditioner, let the hair dry completely. Thus, having finished cleaning the wig, she will no longer be able to recognize the magical “transformation” of the wig.
Step 2- Wig care: Untangle the wig
Wigs are considered as a feisty girl, so they always need to be cared for, pampered and gentle, so so is the way to untangle the hair. This is a very important thing, if you don’t know how to brush, your hair will fall out.
Firstly, is the comb selection. Girls often skip this step. Comb to brush wigs is different from normal hair combs, you should choose a wide-tooth, soft comb.
The way to untangle the wig is as follows: first, spray the hair specifically, divide the hair into small sections, use a wide comb to brush from bottom to top to limit tangles and clumps. Spray more conditioner on the tangled parts to easily detangle, make the hair smoother and smoother. After combing, gently shake the hair to make the hair natural and smooth.
For curly wigs, use a wide comb to comb the top and curl the curls with your hands in a clockwise direction and gently squeeze the hair upwards to keep the curls from coming out.
Step 3- Wig care: Protect the wig every time you use it
To keep the wig soft and bouncy, it is necessary to have a meticulous hair care regimen. Wigs have a different texture than real hair, so you should pay attention to protect the wig every time you go out. Especially when going on the road, or riding a motorbike, you should put your hair in front of your chest to limit the wind to tangle your hair and make it dry.
In particular, do not let the wig get wet with rain or expose to the sun if you do not want your smooth wig to become dry, tangled, unnatural. So, if it’s sunny, you put the wig in a sun shirt to ensure the safety of your wig.
Step 4- Wig care: Preserve your hair after each use
Normally, a wig can be used from 6 months to 1 year, but if you take care of the wig carefully and properly, it can last 2 to 3 years. After each use, in addition to cleaning the hair, it is also necessary to pay attention to how to preserve the wig.
After each use, you should spray and brush your hair, wrap the ends of your hair inwards, wrap it with a protective mesh and put it in a nylon bag, tied tightly. To keep your hair in place and soft, you should remember not to hang your hair outside, but wrap your hair in a bag, squeeze the air out because the wig is exposed to a lot of air and also makes the hair dry. hard, easily tangled.
Step 5- Wig care: Restore the wig when it is not in place
Her wavy curly wig after a while of using the curls is no longer in order as the original, the re-slapping is inevitable.
Wigs made from real hair, you can use a curling iron to restore your hair and keep the curls in place.
How to curl a wig is very simple as follows:
– Step 1: Before curling your hair, you must comb your wig smooth so that the curls are even, not tangled.
Step 2: Divide your hair into small curls to curl.
– Step 3: Take a small section of hair that has been divided, use a comb to smooth it, use a curling iron, wait for the hair to heat up, then release the hair, hold the curl in your hand. Remember to wait for the hair to cool down before letting go, to keep the structure of the curls. Do the same with the remaining curls and you have a new hair like that.
Step 4: After finishing the curling of the wig, remember to spray the conditioner to keep the wig in place.
Thus, completed 5 steps of wig care to own a smooth, soft hair to help girls be confident with their beautiful appearance.